I found this recipe on the blog Lemon Stripes last week. I decided to make it Tuesday night. It was so easy and so delicious. I served it with tortilla chips and really did not think it needed any
toppings..it was sooo good all by itself!!! Bon Appetit!!
_ 1 yellow onion
– 2 cloves, garlic
– 1/4 jalapeño pepper, seeded (You can use more if you like spice)
– 2 tbsp, olive oil
– 1 14oz can, diced fire-roasted tomatoes
– Salt to taste
– 6 cups chicken stock/broth
– 3-4 cups, shredded chicken (You can roast this yourself or buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken)
– Juice from 1 lime
You can top with sour cream, avocado, cilantro and/or shredded cheese
1. Peel and cut your onion into quarters, peel garlic, and seed jalapeño
2. In a food processor (or blender), mix onion, garlic, and jalapeño until it’s almost a paste
3. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onion/garlic mixture for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in diced tomatoes, chicken broth, shredded chicken, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and salt to taste.
5. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
6. How long you cook the soup is up to you but the flavors get better the longer it sits on the stove so I like to keep it there for at least an hour. That said, you could cook it for 20 minutes if you’re in a rush and it is still delicious.
7. Serve with Tortilla Chips!!!
My dear friend Andy Yu coined the phrase, Recycle Chic. Meaning that what was once…
Traveling is beneficial to your health and a terrific opportunity to see the globe and…