Moving house is stressful but it doesn’t always have to be so difficult. With this guide, you can ensure that things run smoothly. You should always look at interstate removalists and then see some of the best packing tips to make the move go down without a hitch! At first you may not be so sure if moving home is possible, as it is such a huge step. Which is why it’s important to first look at some deciding factors that could assist you greatly:
Before making a move, you need to have an action plan to avoid problems. One of the main concerns is knowing how much a move costs . Therefore, it is recommended that you decide a fixed amount of money that you want to spend during the move. In this way, you can determine if it is worth doing the move yourself or if you prefer to hire a moving company.
Don’t leave everything to the last minute, save yourself some stress and start preparing for the move early. Two months in advance may seem like a lot, but it is a reasonable time frame. Take a look at a moving guide for more information on how to move. Decide on the day of your move keeping in mind that moving companies charge a higher price for moving during weekends or holidays. Therefore, it is advisable to decide which day is going to be best for you and when companies have time. The most expensive months are usually between June and September.
It is clear that there are objects with sentimental and economic value that you cannot get rid of. However, think carefully and decide what you really need. Try to take what is necessary and reduce the volume of your shipment. Not sure what to do with the objects that you have left over? Here are some ideas:
1. First remember that it is better to do things little by little and with time, and not overnight. So try to start packing early.
2. Take this opportunity to get rid of everything you don’t need! If you don’t love something, if it doesn’t make you happy, if you don’t use it, DON’T PACK IT! Leave it behind, break free and start a life without junk in your new home.
3. Gather everything you will need:
1. Pack apart from all the other things, a set of sheets and 1 blanket for each bed, 1 cloth or towel for each member of the family, shampoo, soap, toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrushes and other things that they will need the morning immediately after move-in day. Also pack a change of clothes for each member, two if you have small children or babies, diapers etc.
2. Give your new house a good clean, including windows, walls, bathrooms, and toilets. This will be the only time you can get to each-and-every-corner easily, so take advantage! And while you’re there, make sure all the lights are working, and the hot water is on and running. Have all your insurance policies to hand just in case you need to get things fixed quickly.
3. Also, pack some disposable plates, glasses, forks and spoons, and what you will need for breakfast the next day: the coffee maker, coffee, filters, a frying pan, etc.
4. Try to spend all the food that you have frozen or refrigerated, so that it is not going to spoil with the move. Remember that the refrigerator must be left without operation for 24 hours after it has been moved, so that the gas in the cooling system has time to stabilize and work properly.
5. Wash all clothes that get dirty, and keep dirty clothes to a minimum. You don’t want to have a pile of washing before you have even started! Therefore be prepared and think ahead.
6. Find someone who can clean your old house after you have moved. After moving, you’ll need to focus your energies on organizing your new home, so it’s best to leave the old house work to someone else.
7. Make a list of super fast foods that you can make without thinking, without using many utensils or many pots and pans! You don’t want to be fishing around looking for the necessary equipment that you need in order to make food quickly and efficiently.
8. Manage with the cable, internet and telephone company to coordinate the installation visit of the services, obviously after you have moved to your new home. If necessary, make calls to your current companies to suspend services at your “old” house after they have moved. This way people can still contact you when they really need to which is vital for your personal and business life.
.Make sure you have easy access to your cleaning supplies and equipment. Even if you’ve cleaned your house before you move, the constant in-and-out from everyone is going to make it dirty, so you better have what you need on hand to give it a quick clean.
1. Assemble the beds first and put the mattress on them at once. Don’t put things on top of them as you unload the truck. At the end of the day everyone will be tired, and the least you want to do is have to remove lots of bags and heavy things to sleep.
2. Install the washer and dryer as soon as possible so you can get things up and running which is important if you have kids who need clean clothes or schoolwear straight away.
3. Review your list of super fast foods, decide what you are going to cook that day (or the next day, depending on the time you finish moving things), and go to the supermarket to buy what you need.
1. Get up early so you can enjoy the day. Take a shower, put on comfortable clothes (don’t stay in your pajamas) and eat a simple but nutritious breakfast that will keep you full for several hours.
2. Start in the room that is used the most , or that is most urgent to unpack. It could be the kitchen, or if you work from home, maybe the office is the room you need to install first. Go opening all the boxes or bags marked with #1 (following the system we talked about before), or those that you know that contain the most necessary things.
3. Put everything in its place as you take out boxes and bags, and take empty boxes and bags out of the room as soon as you empty them.
4. As soon as you finish with the most urgent in that room, resist the urge to continue with the other boxes. Rather, move to the other rooms, and do the same with the most urgent boxes and bags.
5. After you have unpacked boxes #1, move on to #2, or less urgent.
6. Mainly, don’t try to unpack everything in one day. Do not forget to eat at your own time, stop from time to time to drink water, rest your legs, etc.
Moving is always a strenuous job, lasting several days or even weeks, but if you are fortunate to be moving to a bigger or better house, then this will be a pleasure in a way!
Buying a house is an acquisition that can give you the possibility of investing your…
(Image Source) There are a lot of lifestyle changes that come with being a homeowner…