Here is a quick easy weeknight stove-top dinner that is really delicious. I love shrimp dinners and adding the spinach makes it such a great one-dish family meal. I have served this with white rice, brown rice, egg noodles, and even just crusty bread on the side. It is so good that it doesn’t need anything at all. Bon Appetit!
Adapted from Cooking Professionally
• 2 tablespoons salted butter
• 6 cloves garlic, finely diced
• 1 pound shrimp, tails on or off ( I prefer off)
• 1 small yellow onion, diced
• 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
• 5 ounces jarred sun-dried tomato strips in oil, drained (reserve 1 teaspoon of the jarred oil for cooking)
• 1 3/4 cups half-and-half ( I use fat free 1/2 and 1/2)
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 3 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
• 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water (optional)
• 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
• 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add in the garlic. Fry for one minute, until fragrant.
Add in the shrimp and fry for two minutes on each side, until slightly cooked through and pink. Move to a bowl. Set aside.
Fry the onion in the butter leftover in the skillet. Pour in the white wine (if using), and allow to reduce to half, scrape any bits off the bottom of the pan.
Add the sun-dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low-medium, add the half-and-half and bring to a low simmer, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
Add in the spinach leaves to wilt in the sauce, and add in the parmesan cheese. Allow the sauce to simmer until the cheese melts through the sauce. (For a thicker sauce, add the water and cornstarch mixture to the center of the pan, let simmer while stirring the mixture quickly until the sauce thickens.)
Add the shrimp back into the pan, add herbs and parsley to taste.
Serve over rice, pasta, or steamed vegetables
I am obsessed with this recipe. It is amazing and your whole house will smell…
Everything is perfect at the Colony Hotel but their pink Frosé is one of the…