Soups are a huge favorite in my house. And Tortilla Soup is no exception. I have printed a few recipes in the past but this 6 can version really caught my attention. I have previously made Tortilla Soup in the crockpot that took most of the day to finish. However, this could not be easier…25 minutes and done!!! I also like to serve this with a spoonful of greek yogurt on top.
Adapted from Cooking Professionally
• 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes
• 1 can (15 ounces) sweet corn, drained
• 1 large can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce (less if you want it less spicy)
• 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
• 1 1/2 pound shredded chicken breast
• 1 packet taco seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Toppings:• Shredded cheese• Tortilla chips• Lime wedges
Combine all the ingredients into a large pot and boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce the heat and let simmer for 20-25 minutes.
Serve warm with shredded cheese, tortilla chips, and lime wedges, if desired.
Image Source Meal planning has taken off in popularity lately for a host of reasons…
I recently sat down with Kate from She’s Cookin in Brooklyn to learn…