I have seen so many people on Instagram making this simple Feta & Tomato Baked Pasta recipe, featured on TikTok, all over the world. It has become so popular that Finland ran out of feta cheese. The ENTIRE COUNTRY ran out!!!! The prep time is only a few minutes and within less than an hour you have a pretty good family meal. I have not made it yet but my friend blogger, Lemon Stripes made it yesterday and totally inspired me. Plus I read that it is totally worth the hype. Here you go, let me know in the comments below if you make it.
Baked Tomato and Feta Pasta:
(adapted from www.lemonstripes.com & The Washington Post)
–2 pints (17 1/2 ounces / 500 grams) cherry or grape tomatoes
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 block Greek feta cheese
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
12 ounces medium-length dried pasta, such as campanelle, rigatoni or rotini
Fresh basil leaves, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Place tomatoes and garlic in a baking pan and toss with 1/4 cup of olive oil and sea salt.
3. Place the block of feta in the middle of the tomatoes and top the whole thing with crushed red pepper flakes, parsley, oregano, and black pepper.
4. Bake for 40 minutes or until the feta is slightly browned and the tomatoes are totally blistered.
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to box instructions. Be sure to save 1 cup of the pasta water before you drain it!
6. Mix up the tomatoes, feta, and garlic with a fork (I also broke up the garlic with a garlic press) to form a sauce.
7. Stir the pasta into the sauce and add pasta water, a little at a time, as needed.
8. Top with torn basil and serve.